Downdraft Induction cooking is considered to be the latest breakthrough in modern cooking methods. Here you can find the reviews of the best induction cooktop and their features:
What is Induction Cooking?
This is a cooking system where your cooking vessels get heated by magnetic induction. In an induction cooker, there a coil of copper wire which is placed under the cooking pot and an AC current is passed through the wire. The produced oscillating magnetic field triggers a magnetic flux which continuously makes the pot magnetized, just like a transformer. Thus a large current is produced in the pot because of the very high resistance of induction cookware.
What’s new in Induction Cooktop with downdraft?
After addition of the new downdraft ventilation system in induction cooktops, the whole induction cooking got a new turn. This is based on a very latest ventilation technology. The downdraft ventilating system pulls smoke and steam from a cooktop on a kitchen island where there is no range hood. Some models recirculates air by removing moisture and odors. A downdraft induction cooktop offers a modern look in a kitchen. This sleekly designed downdraft induction cooktop allows your kitchen for extra cabinets where you might place a range hood.
Downdrafts usually rise above a cooktop anywhere from 8 to 19 inches and have blower motors which can be placed under the counter or placed in between the riser and the outdoor vent or on the outside. These motors vary from 200 CFM(cubic feet moved per minute) to 1500 CFM depending on the manufacturer. Downdraft ventilation clears the air of odors and smoke, also prevents particles from being accumulated on cabinets, ledges and curtains.
Downdraft induction cooktops are capable of achieving a wider range of temperature, also they take surprisingly less time to boil than their electric or gas counterparts.
Features of Induction Cooktop with downdraft:
The downdraft induction cooktop surface itself stays in normal room temperature. Hence users don’t have to worry about getting their hands burnt on a burner anytime, and it is also possible to put a kitchen tissue between a very hot cooking pan and an induction burner to keep oil or fumes from spattering the induction cooktop.
The downdraft ventilation will keep your kitchen air healthy and fresh. The heat generated by the induction will be sucked by the motor pump and will be expelled out of your house.
In a word, in every aspects, downdraft induction is easier, safer, faster, and far more efficient than the traditional gas or electric cooktops. You can find the reviews of the best induction cooktops and their features in our site before buying them.
How to use Induction Cooktop with downdraft:
All the best induction cooktops require ferromagnetic vessels such as stainless steel or cast iron. If you don’t have one, don’t worry. You can place any vessel on a ferromagnetic interface disk which will act as a conventional hotplate. You may need to take care of the downdraft, like cleaning it once in a month.
Obviously downdraft induction cooking is a new technique and yet not popular enough to the people because of lack of advertisements. Also there are some rumors about getting people affected by radiation or the radiation affecting surrounding electronic devices. And to be honest, these are totally based on wrong information.
Our induction cooktop reviews will help you choose your desired cooktops with recommended ventilation system. The best induction cooktops are waiting to serve you!
Advantages of Induction Cooktop with downdraft:
- Downdraft Induction cooktops heat quickly than the gas cooktops or electric cooktops. So you can save a lot of time. Hence you can easily boil anything in a blink of eye.
- It is safer because its top remain cool even when it is switched on. As the heat is transferred by induction through compatible cookware, the induction elements won’t get heated. Downdraft ventilation will also cool down your cooktop.
- Downdraft Induction delivers 80%-90% of its electromagnetic energy to the food in a ferromagnetic vessel, whereas gas converts a mere 38 percent of its energy. So induction cooking is very efficient.
- Downdraft Induction cooktops are very much environment friendly as they don’t produce any bi-products like smoke.
Disadvantages of Induction Cooktop with downdraft:
- Only ferromagnetic pots are supported for cooking in Downdraft Induction Cooktops. Whereas electric or gas cookware can go with any type of cookware.
- Surface of Downdraft Induction cooktops are made of glass, so there are slight chances of scratching or cracking if there occurs irregular contact with a very sharp or heavy object.
- As the downdraft induction cooktops heat the pans faster, at the beginning the new users may find it difficult to adjust their cooking pace and timing because of instant heating of induction cooktops. But don’t worry, you will be cooking great within a week.
- Downdraft creates a small noise while its motors rotate to suck air. It may not be overlooked by all users.